A mini facelift, also called an S-lift, is a century-old practice. The mini facelift has evolved over the years and is different from a full facelift due to several factors, including the length of incision, incision pattern, amount of dissection, and type of lift.
Younger or middle-aged patients are best suited for the mini facelift, as they usually have minor skin concerns that need only a simple tuck to correct. If you notice sagging skin or excess fatty tissue on your face and would like to address it, the mini facelift may be your ideal option.
How a Mini Facelift Works
Mini facelift surgery focuses on wrinkles and sagging skin on the lower third of the face with the help of minor incisions placed around the ears. It removes excess tissue around the chin and tightens the remaining tissue.
With the help of a skilled plastic surgeon, you can get a mini facelift restore a youthful and refreshed appearance. An appealing facial appearance can boost both your beauty and your self-confidence.
To begin, you will have to consult with a skilled facial plastic surgeon. They must be able to thoroughly understand your concerns and aesthetic goals before they can perform the surgery. Your surgeon may recommend a combination of a mini facelift with other surgical enhancements to achieve more pleasing results.
Why Choose a Mini Facelift?
The mini facelift is a common surgery for both men and women. The primary benefit that it offers is that it can address signs of aging on your face to restore a more youthful look. The mini facelift is also known as a weekend facelift. The following are some of the reasons why people choose the mini facelift:
• It takes less time than the full facelift, requiring only a few hours to complete.
• It can be performed using only light anesthesia, so general anesthesia is not needed.
• It targets specific minor areas and is less invasive. Because of this, it results in only minimal swelling, bruising, and tenderness. It also means that the recovery time is much shorter than that of other facelift procedures.
• Incisions in this surgery are easily concealed in your natural facial contours and hairline.
• This procedure complements your natural features, giving a boost to your looks.
• The results of mini facelifts typically last up to five years.
To maintain your facelift results, you must protect your skin from the sun, eat a healthy diet, avoid smoking, and use medical-grade skincare products as directed by your physician.
Learn More About the Mini Facelift
The mini facelift procedure is in high demand. Choosing a skilled surgeon is important to get the desired results. With the help of skilled and experienced facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Andres Gantous, you can learn more about the mini facelift procedure.
Dr. Gantous will be available to discuss the procedure in greater detail during a consultation. During this consultation, he will examine your face, discuss your aesthetic goals with you, answer any questions you may have, and show you before-and-after photos. Contact us to schedule your helpful consultation.