Crow’s feet, horizontal forehead lines, and vertical brow lines can be a real pain. These fine lines and wrinkles are a constant reminder that we can’t stay young forever. Dealing with age lines can feel like a fight that just can’t be won.
However, with the help of cosmetic injectables like Dysport, we can now ease away the signs of aging to achieve a more youthful appearance. Dysport is a convenient way to send those wrinkles packing.
Dysport: An Effective Way to Relax Away Wrinkles
Dysport was used in the European market for over a decade. When it entered the U.S. market as an FDA-approved injectable, it threatened to be a major contender to the existing anti-wrinkle products on the market, including Botox Cosmetic. It has since become quite popular.
Dysport is a prescription injection used to smooth away facial wrinkles. It works through relaxation of contracted muscles.
Over time, we make the same facial expressions and movements over and over again. As a result of this, our muscles begin to set in those positions and have trouble returning to a resting state. This causes the overlying skin to bunch up in those areas, creating wrinkles.
Dysport, a muscle relaxer, blocks nerve signals from reaching the muscles. This allows them to relax, in turn allowing the overlying skin to relax and the wrinkles to fade.
The Dysport Treatment Process
Dysport treatments are quite simple to perform. The treatment process typically requires only around 15 minutes to perform. At the start of the procedure, if needed, a topical anesthetic can be applied to the treatment areas to numb them to any pain or discomfort.
Small amounts of Dysport are then carefully injected into the muscles targeted for the treatment. Once the procedure is complete, patients can immediately return to their normal schedule. They can even return to work. It only takes around two to three days for Dysport injections to show results.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dysport?
Most people are excellent candidates for Dysport treatment. In order to avoid side-effects, inform Dr. Gantous beforehand if:
• You have any breathing problems, such as asthma or emphysema.
• You have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves.
• You have had a side effect from any botulinum toxin in the past.
• You have plans to have surgery or have had surgery recently.
• You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
• You are taking any medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines.
• You have any medical condition that needs continued use of medicines.
• You are taking antibiotics, muscle relaxants, allergy, cold, or sleep medicines.
• You have received any other injections of botulinum toxin in the last four months.
Schedule a Dysport Consultation
To find out more about Dysport injections, contact our office to arrange an appointment for an informative consultation. Renowned facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Andres Gantous is a skilled medical professional with years of experience and will be happy to help you achieve your beauty goals.