Signs of aging are something that everyone feels self-conscious about. When wrinkles and fine lines start to appear, they can cause a loss of confidence. Taking good care of your skin can delay the signs of aging, but their appearance is inevitable. When the first symptoms start to take shape, it’s time to consider Pelleve.
Pelleve: Effective Skin Tightening
Pelleve is a skin-tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to safely penetrate down into the deeper layers of the skin. The radiofrequency waves precisely heat the deeper layers of the skin, leaving the epidermis (external skin) undamaged.
The heat produced by the radiofrequency energy causes the existing collagen in the skin to contract and tighten. The growth of new collagen is also stimulated.
What Can Pelleve Be Used to Treat?
Pelleve treatment results in tighter skin and a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles. It can be used to treat:
• Loose skin below or above the eyes
• Lines between the eyebrows
• Crow’s feet
• Horizontal forehead lines
• Parentheses lines
• The nasolabial folds
The Benefits of Pelleve
Pelleve is specially designed to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It was approved by the FDA in 2009 and offers several benefits:
• It smooths out eyelid wrinkles and crow’s feet to create a refreshed look.
• It can be used on the whole face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without surgery or injections.
• It is completely painless.
• Its results can be seen right after the first treatment.
• It reduces the signs of aging by stimulating collagen production in the skin.
• Its results are long lasting.
• It is a non-invasive treatment and is clinically proven to be safe and effective.
• It can be used to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite in areas such as the thighs and buttocks.
What Is the Procedure Like?
Pelleve begins with a consultation with Dr. Gantous, who determines whether the patient is suitable for the procedure. Because the procedure is non-invasive, there are very few risks associated with it.
During this consultation, a physical examination will be conducted to determine the number of treatments needed by the patient. The number of appointments needed is dependent on the condition of the patient’s skin, as well as their age.
At the time of the procedure, a protective gel is first applied to the targeted region on the patient’s face. The Pelleve handpiece is then passed over the treatment area. The heat produced creates a deeply warm sensation in the skin. Once all the areas have been treated, the procedure is complete. Typically, a full-face treatment takes around an hour to complete.
After treatment, little to no downtime or recovery time will be needed. Patients can often return to their busy schedule immediately.
Ready to Arrange Your Pelleve Consultation?
If you’re ready to learn more about this cutting-edge way to get tighter skin and reduce cellulite, contact our office for a consultation. Facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Andres Gantous can tell you more about the treatment in greater detail and can ensure that it is right for you.