You’ve always been careful about maintaining a healthy routine, eating right, and getting enough sleep. But despite this, your face still shows your age. Often, your face’s aesthetic age looks older than your actual age, and this can cause embarrassment and self-consciousness.
To correct this, many people come in for surgical procedures. However, some people feel that surgery is too intimidating. Thankfully, there are solutions available that do not require patients to go under the knife.
Restylane is an injectable that naturally fills the lines and wrinkles in the face, bringing back its youthfulness. Restylane is a clear hyaluronic-acid-based gel that can make your skin feel softer and look younger.
What Makes Restylane Unique?
• Hyaluronic acid is naturally present in the body, making Restylane a biocompatible product. It is also biodegradable.
• Unlike other fillers, Restylane is a non-animal-based product.
• To bring back the youthfulness of your face, all you need is a couple of these injections. That means no incisions, no scalpels, and no tissue removal.
• Anyone can go for this quick treatment, since it does not cause allergic reactions in the majority of cases. However, the rare few who may be allergic to the bacterial proteins present in Restylane should discuss this with their doctor.
• Almost every area of facial skin can be treated by Restylane. Sagging undereye region, under-projected cheekbones, fine lines, wrinkles, thin lips, and recessive chin can all be addressed using these injections.
• Any area of the face that needs volume, shape, or smoothness can be treated with Restylane.
• This treatment requires no absence from work or cancellation of plans. It takes only a short time to inject it into the skin.
How It Works
This facial filler works in two ways. First, the gel lifts the skin and then the hyaluronic acid attracts and binds with water to enhance the volume of your face. It is injected into the areas where treatment is required, and depending on the areas you want treated, you will be given one or more injections.
After injecting the product into the skin tissues, the doctor will rub the area so that it spreads out evenly. It is injected the deep layers of the skin, which is one reason why its effects are long lasting.
The results are typically visible instantly and can last up to nine months. Very rarely do patients have any side effects, and these come in the form of mild bruising, swelling, and numbness. The side effects usually disappear in a couple of days, revealing your more youthful looks.
You should avoid extreme weather, sunbathing, and cold showers for a week after receiving the filler injections. Aspirin and other medicine that has blood-thinning components and Vitamin E should be avoided prior to the injection. Consult your doctor for a comprehensive list.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
To take the first step towards smoother skin, contact our office and schedule your Restylane consultation. You’ll be able to speak with Dr. Andres Gantous, a skilled facial plastic surgery specialist with years of experience.