Perfect Your Look
At Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery, we offer non-surgical wrinkle treatments that will have you looking and feeling years younger. Dr. Andres Gantous is double-board certified and he’s performed thousands of facial filler and injectable treatments during his 25+ year tenure as a facial plastic surgeon.
Facial fillers and injectables are liquid forms of collagen that are injected into problem areas of the face. These problem areas are usually subject to premature signs of aging, particularly wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. Facial fillers and injectables are arguably the simplest and most effective non-surgical treatment options available. These procedures only take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and you’ll start to notice the effects within the first few days.
Restylane is a long-lasting and crystal-clear gel for filling out lips, facial wrinkles and facial folds. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is almost identical to that naturally found in the body. The product is naturally integrated into the tissue; this allows nutritive agents to pass freely through the implant and cells to pass between fragments of the gel.
How does it work?
Restylane is injected into the dermis and provides volume where the concentration of the body’s own hyaluronic acid has decreased. One treatment session takes less than 30 minutes.
Once in the skin, Restylane works together with the body’s own hyaluronic acid and joins forces to create volume. Unlike permanent implants, Restylane always leaves you a choice when the effect of the treatment has worn off.
What are the benefits
- The results can be seen immediately and no scars or other marks are left on the face
- Restylane is not extracted from animals which means no risk of allergic reactions
- Restylane is perfectly safe to use instantly without pre-testing
- Restylane Defyne is used on the lower portion of the face, smoothing out nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and filling out the chin. Results last for up to one year.
- Restylane-L has added lidocaine to reduce any discomfort associated with treatment and can be used for smooth nasolabial folds or to augment the lips.
- Restylane Kysse is for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles with natural results lasting up to one year.
- Restylane Lyft is used to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the mid-face and hands.
- Restylane VOLYME adds volume to your cheeks and chin and lasts for up to 18 months.
How long do results last?
How long the effect of Restylane treatment lasts varies by individual. It depends on many factors such as the structure of the skin, lifestyle and age as well as on the degree of perfection demanded by the patient. However, we know that for the majority of the patients treated, about 50-80% of the effect remains after six months. Most people choose to have a touch-up done within a year of the original treatment.
What is Teosyal?®
Teosyal is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that reduces the look of fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet and other signs of aging on the face. The goal of this treatment is to promote a healthy and more youthful appearance.
How does it work?
Hyaluronic acids (HA) are naturally produced by the body but as we get older, the production of this substance slows down substantially or stops entirely in some people. The result is the development of visible lines and wrinkles in the face.
Teosyal fillers can be injected anywhere throughout the face and neck. The liquid is slowly absorbed by the skin over time. This facial filler hydrates the skin and helps enhance your natural beauty as a result.
- Restores your face’s natural radiance and glow
- Removes the dark spots throughout your face
- Since HA is a naturally occurring substance in the body, there are virtually no risks involved in this procedure and there are no chances of experiencing any allergic reactions
- Most patients are usually able to resume their normal activities immediately following treatment
Teosyal fillers can effectively treat the following skin conditions in your face and neck:
- Tired eyes (dark circles)
- Crow’s feet
- Laugh lines
- Marionette lines
- Lost volume in the face
- Fine lines and wrinkles
The effects are usually immediate and can last anywhere from 9 to 18 months depending on the type used.
Within that time frame, only one treatment session is required and you most likely won’t need any follow-up appointments unless you have any specific questions or concerns. However, if you do have any pressing questions after your treatment, Dr. Andres Gantous would be more than happy to consult with you in person in his office at Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery.
Depending on your specific skincare goals, Dr. Gantous can recommend a wide range of dermal filler products to suit your needs. Here’s a list of the high-end Teosyal facial fillers that are currently being used within the cosmetic surgery industry:
- Teosyal Redensity II is designed specifically for treating the under eye area, smoothing lines and filling lost volume. Results last between 8-12 months.
- Teosyal PureSense Ultimate< allows for the creation of volume over cheekbones, cheeks, chin and temporal area. It lasts 18 months on average.
- Teosyal PureSense Ultra Deep helps redefine facial contours and to correct very deep wrinkles. It lasts 12 months on average.
- Teosyal PureSense Kiss was developed for the enhancement and harmonization of lip contour. It lasts up to 9 months on average.
- Teosyal PureSense Deep Lines allows us to correct deep wrinkles and folds. It lasts up to 9 months on average.
- Teosyal PureSense Global Action was created for the filling of all moderately pronounced wrinkles on the face. It lasts up to 9 months on average.
- Teosyal PureSense First Lines is for the correction of superficial lines and wrinkles in areas of thin skin. It lasts about 6 months on average.
The length of the recovery period depends largely on a number of factors including the patient’s physical ability to heal as well as the number of Teosyal injections that were administered during the treatment. Most patients typically experience the majority of the bruising and swelling during the first two days following treatment; however, for some patients, these side effects can last anywhere from 7 to 10 days.
Regardless, most patients are usually able to resume their normal activities immediately following treatment. It is very important to make sure you don’t get injured or hit in the face with any blunt objects. The injection site will be sensitive during the recovery period, but it’s usually not required to take any time off of work or any other activities you’d normally do.
Choose Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery
For over 25+ years, Dr. Gantous has been one of the leading and most innovative facial plastic surgeons in North America and Internationally. He has attended and served as the keynote speaker at numerous facial plastic surgery conferences and events around the globe. Countless patients worldwide have traveled to Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery for surgical and non-surgical procedures, all with excellent results and complete satisfaction.
Dr. Gantous will take the time to answer all of your questions and address your concerns prior to your procedure. Contact us today to book your appointment!