There are a number of prominent and effective brand name soft tissue fillers that are currently on the market and being used by some of the best plastic surgery clinics in the world. These include the following:
Facial fillers and injectables are liquid forms of collagen that are injected into problem areas of the face. These problem areas are usually subject to premature signs of aging, particularly wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. People of all ages can generally experience these signs of aging if they don’t take good care of their skin. In some cases, you may even be genetically predisposed to developing premature signs of aging.
An effective solution is to visit a highly skilled and experienced facial plastic surgeon in your area to help you correct the situation. Facial fillers and injectables are arguably the simplest and most effective non-surgical treatment options available and the side effects are very minimal. Some people don’t even experience any side effects at all. These procedures only take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and you’ll start to notice the effects within the first few days.
Here are a few different areas of the face where dermal fillers can be injected:
- Forehead: Treat wrinkles and smooth out worry lines almost instantaneously with injectable soft tissue fillers. This will help take years off your face!
- Under Eye: This treatment removes dark circles and corrects hollowing of the skin under your eyes to give you a more youthful and radiant appearance. It’s especially recommended for people who have tired looking eyes all the time.
- Nose: Nasal fillers reduce the appearance of unevenness, bumps, and pores on your nose.
- Cheeks: Cheek fillers restore lost volume and correct flatness throughout your face to create a smooth facial contour without making it look like you’ve gained weight. This procedure livens up your appearance and makes you look years younger.
- Mouth: Collagen injections around the mouth can effectively reduce the appearance of wrinkles, marionette lines, and laugh lines for stunning results.
- Lips: Lip injections add incredible volume to flat and thin lips almost immediately. Most patients typically only need one or two injections to achieve optimal results.
- Jawline and Chin: For patients who lack a significant amount of definition in the lower half of their face, this treatment establishes a more defined and strong looking jawline and chin.
Types Of Soft Tissue Fillers
Since the companies that make these dermal fillers are in direct competition with one another, it’s up to you and your facial plastic surgeon to determine which one will work best for your needs. The length of the treatment as well as the number and dosage of injections required will depend largely on the number of wrinkles or fine lines that need to be treated.
Again, this is something that you need to discuss in great detail with your facial plastic surgeon prior to the procedure. In some cases, you might be given a preliminary consultation so that your plastic surgeon can review the steps involved in administering injectables. Most of the time, patients can have their consultation and procedure done on the same day since this isn’t usually a complex treatment.
How To Choose The Right Facial Filler
While your facial plastic surgeon is obligated to always give their professional opinion about what they think will work in your best interest, ultimately, the choice is up to you in terms of your desired results. That said, however, your facial plastic surgeon also has the legal right to decline performing any procedure that violates their code of ethics.
For instance, it would highly ill-advised for a plastic surgeon to adhere to adhere to certain requests from their patients demanding to mimic the appearance of another person, particularly celebrities. While these looks are always in high demand, they’re often the results of passing trends and some patients may regret the procedure after a certain amount of time has passed.
The best way to choose the right facial filler and procedure for yourself is to be realistic about what you need and what you hope to accomplish through this procedure. That’s the only way to guarantee long-lasting satisfaction with your new and improved look.
If you have any allergies to certain chemicals or materials, you should always advise your facial plastic surgeon during the initial consultation as this information will also be instrumental in determining which filler will work best for you.
At Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery, our top priority is to guarantee the overall happiness and self-acceptance of our patients. We believe that the best way to achieve this goal is to help you look the absolute best version of yourself rather than emulating someone else’s appearance. Dr. Gantous is a world-renowned master of his craft and he truly relishes achieving optimal results for his patients. Over the past 20 years, he’s revolutionized the facial plastic surgery industry by developing an innovative and discreet incisionless method of performing various procedures. He’s also been invited to serve as the keynote speaker at numerous international conferences and symposiums that are centered on hot topic issues in the facial plastic surgery industry. To learn more about our clinic or schedule a preliminary consultation, please contact us today!